Dennis Allen: Matt Schaub on par with Manning, Rivers

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Dennis Allen: Matt Schaub on par with Manning, Rivers

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 am

Tenebrous wrote:How many times do I have to state that I agree that Schuab was the best available veteran QB for the Raiders? Though, this does not mean that I have no concerns. Regardless, again, my issue is not so much with Schuab himself, but the trade that brought him and his ridiculous salary to Oakland. So, more of a Sancho Panza view.

I don't think a $7.5M/yr salary is ridiculous for someone who has accomplished all that Schaub has.

But you've been slamming Schaub's play in this back-and-forth with RF, so don't come in now and say it's all about the contract.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:How many times do I have to state that I agree that Schuab was the best available veteran QB for the Raiders? Though, this does not mean that I have no concerns. Regardless, again, my issue is not so much with Schuab himself, but the trade that brought him and his ridiculous salary to Oakland. So, more of a Sancho Panza view.

I don't think a $7.5M/yr salary is ridiculous for someone who has accomplished all that Schaub has.

But you've been slamming Schaub's play in this back-and-forth with RF, so don't come in now and say it's all about the contract.

The NFL is generally about what you have done lately, not about what you did back when. That is why the Texans had so few trade partners for Schuab. Indeed, other than the Raiders I struggle to recall a single team that was willing to trade for him when he was about to be cut. His most recent work had a lot to do with why the Texans were in the situation they were in.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 am

Tenebrous wrote:The NFL is generally about what you have done lately, not about what you did back when. That is why the Texans had so few trade partners for Schuab. Indeed, other than the Raiders I struggle to recall a single team that was willing to trade for him when he was about to be cut. His most recent work had a lot to do with why the Texans were in the situation they were in.

Are you seruiously playing the "nobody else thinks the way you do" card?

Even if you are, I'm nor hearing/reading a whole lot of uproar about how this was an outrageous trade dude.

Here's the deal. Kubiak got fired for a reason. Probably a multitude of them. Nothing clicked in HOU last year.

There's every reason to EXPECT that Schaub can get back to his old 4000-yd self.

I mean fuck, would you jettison Eli after the season he had last year? Of course not! And Eli was fucking WORSE than Schaub last year.

Just take a breath on this one man. We got the best available option. He restructured. It's all good for now.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 am

DeadRinger wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:The NFL is generally about what you have done lately, not about what you did back when. That is why the Texans had so few trade partners for Schuab. Indeed, other than the Raiders I struggle to recall a single team that was willing to trade for him when he was about to be cut. His most recent work had a lot to do with why the Texans were in the situation they were in.

Are you seruiously playing the "nobody else thinks the way you do" card?

Even if you are, I'm nor hearing/reading a whole lot of uproar about how this was an outrageous trade dude.

Here's the deal. Kubiak got fired for a reason. Probably a multitude of them. Nothing clicked in HOU last year.

There's every reason to EXPECT that Schaub can get back to his old 4000-yd self.

I mean fuck, would you jettison Eli after the season he had last year? Of course not! And Eli was fucking WORSE than Schaub last year.

Just take a breath on this one man. We got the best available option. He restructured. It's all good for now.

It seems to you are trying to find something that just is not there - look at the title of this thread. That is crazy talk after the season Schuab just had. Unless I am mistaken, he only restructured his contract for this season - not for the coming seasons. So his contract is still relevant because outside of this trade, that would not be an issue and the Raiders could have still had him (and their 6th round pick).

I'm done going in circles here. In the end, Schuab, at this point, is neither at Manning's nor nor even Rivers' level and his contract does not reflect how far Schuab has fallen.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 am

Who cares about the coming seasons man?? If he lights it up we do a new deal. If not, he's gone like Flynn.

Again, Eli ate dog shit last year and you're not complaining about HIS contract, which is substantially more outrageous than Schaub's.

People look past one bad year, and for good reason. Everyone knows it can happen.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Who cares about the coming seasons man?? If he lights it up we do a new deal. If not, he's gone like Flynn. ...

No, if Schuab does well this season he has leverage to NOT renegotiate, unless RM would like to throw him even more money, but that's a different blunder. The here and now - this season, after Schuab's last season, the Raiders had the leverage - consider why they only, but unnecessarily, paid a 6th round pick for him. Money not tied up in Schuab, is money that can be better used to lure more free agents to the Silver n' Black.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby RF34 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:26 am

Tenebrous wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:Who cares about the coming seasons man?? If he lights it up we do a new deal. If not, he's gone like Flynn. ...

No, if Schuab does well this season he has leverage to NOT renegotiate, unless RM would like to throw him even more money, but that's a different blunder. The here and now - this season, after Schuab's last season, the Raiders had the leverage - consider why they only, but unnecessarily, paid a 6th round pick for him. Money not tied up in Schuab, is money that can be better used to lure more free agents to the Silver n' Black.

Yeah....like Jared Allen for example.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby bigboy3333 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 am

RF34 wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:

Yeah....like Jared Allen for example.

Yeah, what I understand of all the teams that wanted Jared Allen services....Raiders offer the most money, avg. little over 9m a year.

Yes, and he took less money offer to play for the Bears.....

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby RF34 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 am

Tenebrous wrote:No, if Schuab does well this season he has leverage to NOT renegotiate, unless RM would like to throw him even more money, but that's a different blunder. The here and now - this season, after Schuab's last season, the Raiders had the leverage - consider why they only, but unnecessarily, paid a 6th round pick for him. Money not tied up in Schuab, is money that can be better used to lure more free agents to the Silver n' Black.

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL ·53m Schaub's restructured deal in Oakland pays him $8M fully guaranteed in 2014, non-guaranteed $5.5M in '15, per source.

Average $6.75mil per year if he lasts past 2014.....

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum