Reggies free agent grade so far is...

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Reggies free agent grade so far is...

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 pm

A fuckin F plus. I don't mean to be totally negative about this but I'm not excited about Shaub at all, reminds me of that Kerry Collins situation back in the day. We really have not addressed the D line except Tuck who I'm not to big on, running back situation is still the same, no improvement and the o line is still suspect. Problems not solved just rearranged. Overpaying Shaub, the Saffold mess and of course letting Houston and Veldeer go. I live in Chicago and all the Bears fans keep asking me about Houston if he's any good and I say yeah he's good! Then they say why didn't the Raiders keep him? My reply is cause we have a bumbling baboon as a GM that can't talk or walk and chew gum at the same time he's a fuckin idiot!!!! Now the draft! We could get some really good guys that could turn the franchise around but I fear this idiot is gonna fuck it up for the next five years. I hope I'm wrong about everything and maybe after the draft Reggie can improve his grade but for now I say F

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Re: Reggies free agent grade so far is...

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

First of all... You live in Chicago? You have my sympathies man. Try not to get shot, especially since you can't arm yourself as a law-abiding citizen.

Second, I liked the Collins signing. That was a lot like the Palmer situation though. He was a good QB who needed a lot more support from his teammates and coaches. Norv Turner was a God-forsaken disaster (albeit not as bad as Allen, Kiffin or Shell). Collins really had no chance even when Al gave him Moss. But still, our offense was a lot better than our defense during those 2 years.

I can't say I'm particularly excited about Schaub either. This isn't what I wanted. I wanted to take the guy who's capable of leading us to the promised land and making us a contender for the next 12 years. I think there's at least 1, maybe 2 guys in this year's draft who could do that for us.

But Reggie has thrown us into such a malignant crisis that ANYBODY is an upgrade at just about ANY position. So you have guys like 790 praising this lump of shit for upgrading a roster from "self-imposed unmitigated disaster" to "might go 6-10." He's like a guy who's been in the desert for 5 days and someone hands him a Kroger brand saltine cracker. DAMN THAT's A FUCKIN GOURMET CRACKER!!!

Well of course the fucking roster looks a little better. A fucking monkey with a dart could have done that with $60M to spend. The simple addition of a "real QB" - and I definitely believe Schaub is a real QB if not a great one - should win us 2 more games at least.

Now to the grade. Lert's assume we're starting from an A position.

Retaining Allen and his staff was mistake #1. HUGE fuck-up. That's a full point off: B

Letting Houston and Veldheer walk knocks Reggie down another full point each in my eyes but the addition of Woodley and Tuck saves him half a point here (those additions would save him a lot more if they weren't so fucking old). He's now at a C-

Letting Rashad Jennings walk will, my brain and instincts tell me, loom as one of his biggest mistakes this offseason. D+

While the Schaub trade was bad financially, we got the best possible QB option out there. I have to give him a little credit on this one. Back to a C-

The addition of Antonio Smith is a good one. The guy has only missed 1 game in 8 seasons and he's been a mainstay on a righteous HOU d-line for the last 5 years. Prototypical 4-3 LDE. Big upgrade over Jason Hunter. Age is a factor. Again. I give him half a point, back to a C

Re-signing C-Wood gets him another half point. C+

James Jones is an upgrade over anyone we had last year. That's not saying much. IMO Jones was way overhyped when he was out on the market. He won't be nearly as good here as he was in GB. And the dude is 30. I'm not going to give Reggie anything for this one. He should have done much better for us at the WR position, and now he's tanking by ignoring Desean Jackson. Still a C+

The LT disaster was a raging joke in my eyes. Trying to pay Saffold that kind of cash was a fuckin' colossal piece of idiocy. When Mark Davis has to parachute in and save you from your own stupid mistake, you know it's a massive one. And then signing Penn - this is a monster downgrade that's going to give Schaub fits all season long. Down to D+

DMC, Austin Howard, Tarell Brown, Kevin Boothe, Usama Young... Collectively they get a "meh" from me. No movement in the grade.

I'm going to take off another half point for general problems like player age and short-term contracts.

There's been no signature moment; nothing you can point to and say "great move." And a LOT you can point to and say "DUMBASS!!" People, that's absolutely UNACCEPTABLE for a guy who had $60M in cap space. Reggie is still doing a terrible, terrible job for us. In fact I think he's getting worse with each passing year. One of the top-3 or 4 worst GMs I've ever seen in my life. Ever. Al was light years better than this douchebag, in EVERY aspect of the job with the possible exception of coaches (but I give the edge there to Al as well, just because of Hue).

My offseason grade so far: D

And guys, this is an offseason where we desperately needed an A+. Still more to come. There are a lot of things Reggie could do going forward to make this team incrementally better in 2014, maybe even get himself up to a C at a maximum. But I have no faith whatsoever he'll do those things. The man has no common sense AT ALL, and it's more obvious than ever that his personnel moves are motivated by something other than a desire to make the Raiders organization as good as it can be.

If you took the time to read this whole thing, I have to say "get back to work you lazy fucker!" ;)

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am

DeadRinger wrote:First of all... You live in Chicago? You have my sympathies man. Try not to get shot, especially since you can't arm yourself as a law-abiding citizen.

Second, I liked the Collins signing. That was a lot like the Palmer situation though. He was a good QB who needed a lot more support from his teammates and coaches. Norv Turner was a God-forsaken disaster (albeit not as bad as Allen, Kiffin or Shell). Collins really had no chance even when Al gave him Moss. But still, our offense was a lot better than our defense during those 2 years.

I can't say I'm particularly excited about Schaub either. This isn't what I wanted. I wanted to take the guy who's capable of leading us to the promised land and making us a contender for the next 12 years. I think there's at least 1, maybe 2 guys in this year's draft who could do that for us.

But Reggie has thrown us into such a malignant crisis that ANYBODY is an upgrade at just about ANY position. So you have guys like 790 praising this lump of shit for upgrading a roster from "self-imposed unmitigated disaster" to "might go 6-10." He's like a guy who's been in the desert for 5 days and someone hands him a Kroger brand saltine cracker. DAMN THAT's A FUCKIN GOURMET CRACKER!!!

Well of course the fucking roster looks a little better. A fucking monkey with a dart could have done that with $60M to spend. The simple addition of a "real QB" - and I definitely believe Schaub is a real QB if not a great one - should win us 2 more games at least.

Now to the grade. Lert's assume we're starting from an A position.

Retaining Allen and his staff was mistake #1. HUGE fuck-up. That's a full point off: B

Letting Houston and Veldheer walk knocks Reggie down another full point each in my eyes but the addition of Woodley and Tuck saves him half a point here (those additions would save him a lot more if they weren't so fucking old). He's now at a C-

Letting Rashad Jennings walk will, my brain and instincts tell me, loom as one of his biggest mistakes this offseason. D+

While the Schaub trade was bad financially, we got the best possible QB option out there. I have to give him a little credit on this one. Back to a C-

The addition of Antonio Smith is a good one. The guy has only missed 1 game in 8 seasons and he's been a mainstay on a righteous HOU d-line for the last 5 years. Prototypical 4-3 LDE. Big upgrade over Jason Hunter. Age is a factor. Again. I give him half a point, back to a C

Re-signing C-Wood gets him another half point. C+

James Jones is an upgrade over anyone we had last year. That's not saying much. IMO Jones was way overhyped when he was out on the market. He won't be nearly as good here as he was in GB. And the dude is 30. I'm not going to give Reggie anything for this one. He should have done much better for us at the WR position, and now he's tanking by ignoring Desean Jackson. Still a C+

The LT disaster was a raging joke in my eyes. Trying to pay Saffold that kind of cash was a fuckin' colossal piece of idiocy. When Mark Davis has to parachute in and save you from your own stupid mistake, you know it's a massive one. And then signing Penn - this is a monster downgrade that's going to give Schaub fits all season long. Down to D+

DMC, Austin Howard, Tarell Brown, Kevin Boothe, Usama Young... Collectively they get a "meh" from me. No movement in the grade.

I'm going to take off another half point for general problems like player age and short-term contracts.

There's been no signature moment; nothing you can point to and say "great move." And a LOT you can point to and say "DUMBASS!!" People, that's absolutely UNACCEPTABLE for a guy who had $60M in cap space. Reggie is still doing a terrible, terrible job for us. In fact I think he's getting worse with each passing year. One of the top-3 or 4 worst GMs I've ever seen in my life. Ever. Al was light years better than this douchebag, in EVERY aspect of the job with the possible exception of coaches (but I give the edge there to Al as well, just because of Hue).

My offseason grade so far: D

And guys, this is an offseason where we desperately needed an A+. Still more to come. There are a lot of things Reggie could do going forward to make this team incrementally better in 2014, maybe even get himself up to a C at a maximum. But I have no faith whatsoever he'll do those things. The man has no common sense AT ALL, and it's more obvious than ever that his personnel moves are motivated by something other than a desire to make the Raiders organization as good as it can be.

If you took the time to read this whole thing, I have to say "get back to work you lazy fucker!" ;)

Chicago sucks!! The worst state! Can't carry a weapon in the most violent city in US! No weed either the Medical Marijuana program here is the strictest in the country. If you get a weed card here you cannot have a gun. They say people have to choose between their weed or their gun. Of course, an old person with cancer is a real threat to society if they smoke bud aren't they? Meanwhile you can't get drunk and shoot off your gun! INSANITY! So much for our rights and the constitution!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:55 pm

I feel for you man. It's one of several places I've sworn I'll never live.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:15 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I feel for you man. It's one of several places I've sworn I'll never live.

To be fair, Chicago has some of the best food in the country. Indeed, CA has some of the best weather. However, not loving either place.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:I feel for you man. It's one of several places I've sworn I'll never live.

To be fair, Chicago has some of the best food in the country. Indeed, CA has some of the best weather. However, not loving either place.

Fuck the weather and the food. They don't believe in freedom. There are good aspects of almost everything, but there's no overcoming that massive fault.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 pm

The food is good. That's it. Shitcago has 5 months of cold dark winter. 2 months of below zero every fuckin day! Summer is short hot and humid and the wind is fuckin insane. The most corrupt politicians in the country are here, high taxes and asshole people. Yuppies and hipsters everywhere, Cubs fans are total yuppie fucks they show up for 100 years and watch the Cubs fail and they don't even care. Don't ever move to Shitcago! They are elitists too, they always make fun of me being a Raiders fan saying they are ghetto and nobody likes them. Meanwhile Shitcago is the biggest ghetto, most violent city in the country! They think Jay the Emo Cutler is gonna get them a SB I told them wish in one hand, shit in the other see which one gets full first. FUCK SHITCAGO!! IM STUCK HERE!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

I remember when Al was around, everything and every year was a fucking F-. Fires and hires a dipshit coach, signs old guys with over the top contracts, drafts losers.

Raiders could have easliy won like 4 more games last year with Pryor. So having Schaub on the roster is a huge upgrade compared to Pryor/McGloin. When was the oline ever good? that has been an issue ever since Bipolar boy went missing.

I love hearing you idiots say Rm let Vel, houston, and jennings walk. Those guys wanted OUT and left. I am not sure why you fuckin guys would think otherwise?

Dead, you are trippin! Need and A+ this offseason? What QB/WR/OT/DEF player would give us an A+ rating? Vel and Houston were on the team and we still had losing seasons. You think all the other guys out there were kicking down the Raiders door to get signed? If you were a great player and the Browns or 49ers wanted you, where would you go if you had the 2 options? this isn't Madden where you can trade for Peyton Manning.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 am

RAIDERS wrote:I remember when Al was around, everything and every year was a fucking F-. Fires and hires a dipshit coach, signs old guys with over the top contracts, drafts losers.

Raiders could have easliy won like 4 more games last year with Pryor. So having Schaub on the roster is a huge upgrade compared to Pryor/McGloin. When was the oline ever good? that has been an issue ever since Bipolar boy went missing.

I love hearing you idiots say Rm let Vel, houston, and jennings walk. Those guys wanted OUT and left. I am not sure why you fuckin guys would think otherwise?

Dead, you are trippin! Need and A+ this offseason? What QB/WR/OT/DEF player would give us an A+ rating? Vel and Houston were on the team and we still had losing seasons. You think all the other guys out there were kicking down the Raiders door to get signed? If you were a great player and the Browns or 49ers wanted you, where would you go if you had the 2 options? this isn't Madden where you can trade for Peyton Manning.

Why did those guys want out, 790? Why do you think nobody wants to come here? And if you say it's Al's fault I'll just laugh, so don't bother.

Jettisoning Vledheer and Houston just because they were on losing teams is called tossing the baby with the bathwater dude. It's destructive as hell. Especially when their replacements are all significant downgrades, and old as hell to boot.

And don't insult me with the Madden bullshit. That's fucking weak and you know it.

The bottom line is this: Reggie has had over 2 fucking years now to cultivate an environment where people want to be part of the organization, because they believe it's well-coached and well-managed, and therefore heading in the right direction. That's the GM's fucking job, and clearly that hasn't happened. NO PLAYER believes in Reggie and Dennis. Not a fucking soul. Just one more massive FAIL. Tack it onto the list somewhere, if you can find any room left.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum