Terrelle Pryor wants out of Oakland

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Terrelle Pryor wants out of Oakland

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Published: March 24, 2014 at 01:44 p.m. Updated: March 24, 2014 at 02:32 p.m.
Reggie McKenzie: Terrelle Pryor wants out of Oakland

Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Terrelle Pryor's desire to be a first-string quarterback in the NFL is poised to lead him away from the Oakland Raiders.

General manager Reggie McKenzie told reporters Monday at the NFL Annual Meeting that the fourth-year passer has asked to be let go on the heels of Oakland's trade for Matt Schaub.

"He has talked to his agent about it," McKenzie said. "He had him talk to me about it."

McKenzie added: "Terrelle wants to start so bad. I'll visit with him. We'll talk to him. ... We'll see next week or so how he feels about his future."

If the Raiders are willing to part ways with Pryor, they'll try to trade him first. Even if teams don't see the signal-caller as a starter, he was, at times, the most athletically gifted player on the field last season. There's no question he can help teams move the ball, but finding the right role for him will be tricky. It's also possible he never starts another NFL game again.

Especially in Oakland. The restructuring of Schaub's contract is further indication that the Raiders want to make the former Houston Texan their starter for years to come.

After Oakland used a "Matt McGloin Bar" to decide whether or not free-agent passers were worth adding to the roster, Pryor isn't even the clear-cut backup.

"Anytime you sign a veteran player, a guy (like Pryor) that really wants to start -- it's gonna hit him," McKenzie said. "And so that's what I'm going to talk with him about."

Stay tuned.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" analyzes all the DeSean Jackson trade rumors, plays running back roulette and welcomes Lance Briggs to the studio.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Terrelle Pryor wants out of Oakland

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm

This makes even more likely that the Raiders will invest in a QB in the upcoming draft.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Good GTFO! I'm sick of this guy and his bullshit. Mcgloin is a better back up anyway.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:Good GTFO! I'm sick of this guy and his bullshit. Mcgloin is a better back up anyway.

What bullshit are you tired of from him? Working hard? Trying to get better? Staying out of trouble? Having respect for Al and the Raiders?

Sorry, He might not be starting material in the NFL but, he made/is making the effort to become what he wants to be. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby snakebuck » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:40 pm

It's okay with me. See ya!

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Pryor probably wouldn't even be on an NFL depth chart if it wasn't for Al Davis! Pryor was so cocky after that Steeler win this past season and his 92 yd TD run or whatever it was. That was the only thing he did in that game! Pryor can work hard fact is you can't teach accuracy and a presence in the pocket which he clearly doesn't have. Sure he was in a tough spot but I think the kids head got big after the Steeler game as well as the coaching staff and team.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Pryor could definitely be an NFL starter. Just not at QB. Put another 20 lbs on him and make him a TE or help him lose about 15 lbs and be a slot WR. If he works as hard at that as he has at becoming a starting QB, he could become a very dangerous weapon. But he has to man up and make the move. If he wants to be a STARTER, that's the only way.

But IMO he's very good backup QB material. He could come in because of injury and really shake up the opposition. As a backup QB he could also - and SHOULD - come in on several plays each game as a receiver and create matchup nightmares.

He needs to become willing to do other things.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:48 pm

silver & black wrote:
Forbiddenraider wrote:Good GTFO! I'm sick of this guy and his bullshit. Mcgloin is a better back up anyway.

What bullshit are you tired of from him? Working hard? Trying to get better? Staying out of trouble? Having respect for Al and the Raiders?

Sorry, He might not be starting material in the NFL but, he made/is making the effort to become what he wants to be. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

I'm sick of his cocky attitude, shitty play and the fact that Devin Hester could probably complete more passes. Let him go get more free tattoos!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Del » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:32 am

Spot on DR.

I'm a Pryor fan, no secret there. He 6'6 runs a 4.30, I'm sure this man could dominate like a Calvin Johnson or a Gronkowski..

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum