Eagles should get Pryor

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Eagles should get Pryor

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

silver & black wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Houston was/is a tad overhyped? I'm not happy about losing him but, It's not like we lost a HOFer in the making. He was a decent player on a bad team. Asomugha was the same, IMO, and Houston isn't even in Aso's league at his position.

I understand where you're coming from on this, but nobody said he was in Aso's league, and nobody said they'd pay him like Aso got paid. I think his deal with the Bears reflects the fact that he still has something to prove.

Houston plays a position where only the flashy guys get attention. But Houston's not that kind of guy. He's a LOT heavier than the Kearse-type DEs out there so doesn't have that killer speed on the edge. But he DOES have serious power and he's very quick for his size. You have to know where he is on the field or he'll crush you. He's 300 lbs but athletic enough to sprint down the line and make tackles on the opposite side of the field. And he's 26 yrs old and will only get better.

You just have to take one glance at his stat line to understand the kind of player he is. He had 6 sacks - not great but not too bad. But he had 69 tackles from the RDE position. That's rarely done these days. Houston's not a pure pass rusher, he's a big, strong, tough-as-nails, tenacious, high-motor all-around DEFENDER in the mold of Richard Seymour (except Seymour never once had 69 or more tackles in a season).

It's possible he'd be most productive as a 3-4 DE. But Trestman's a smart guy and he'll figure out hos to get the best out of the kid. Even though I'm pissed Reggie let him walk I'm happy for him because now he has a chance to really light it up.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum