Eagles should get Pryor

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Eagles should get Pryor

Postby Tenebrous » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Mosher's Mailbag: If they can, Eagles should get Pryor
March 23, 2014, 11:00 am

In this edition of Mosher’s Mailbag, I address a potential veteran backup quarterback addition who could benefit the Eagles.

Q. I saw Matt Schaub is going to Oakland, so, I would assume Terrelle Pryor would be out. Do you think the Eagles would have any interest in him as a backup?

-Ryan Cannon

A. Great question, Ryan. Pryor is still under contract in Oakland, so it’s impossible for the Eagles to make any kind of comment about their potential interest in him, but here’s what we know:

• The Eagles are thin at quarterback, with only Nick Foles, Matt Barkley and G.J. Kinne on the roster (see story). Of the two backups, Barkley and Kinne, the one with the most NFL experience is Barkley, who has appeared in three games and never started. The Eagles really need a veteran in the mix.

• Pryor almost certainly is the odd man out in Oakland after the Raiders traded for Matt Schaub, who is the projected starter. The Raiders really like Matt McGloin as a backup and almost assuredly will draft a quarterback in May.

• Chip Kelly once had strong interest in Pryor, back when Kelly was coaching at Oregon and Pryor was the studliest high school recruit in the country out of Western Pennsylvania. Pryor decided to stay closer to home, choosing Ohio State, but his mobility and athleticism would have been an excellent fit in Kelly’s college offense.

So the dots are there to connect.

The only question is: Will the Raiders outright release Pryor or can they pawn him off for a low draft pick? I highly doubt the Eagles are looking to part ways with another draft pick after giving up their extra fifth rounder to New Orleans for Darren Sproles.

Last year, Pryor showed that he’s capable of winning some NFL games, yet is still far from a finished product. But he’s the perfect kind of guy to come into Kelly’s program, learn the scheme and push Barkley for the No. 2 job.

Pryor has one of the league’s most unique skill sets. He can run the 40 under 4.4 seconds with a 6-foot-6, 230-pound frame. When he takes off, he’s like an unbridled horse galloping across the plains and a nightmare for opposing linebackers and defensive backs. (Just ask Mychal Kendricks.)

His throwing mechanics are still a work in progress. He completed around 57 percent of his passes last year, which isn’t bad, but he threw 11 interceptions to seven touchdowns.

Get him into the NovaCare Complex on the sports science regime and into classrooms with Kelly, Pat Shurmur and Bill Musgrave and it’s feasible to think Pryor can make enough strides to battle with Barkley for the top backup job and maybe hold the fort down if Foles were to get injured.

Jackson for Pryor anyone?

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Eagles should get Pryor

Postby bigboy3333 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 pm

yes an no,...yes strait up for Pryor, and Jackson take a pay cut .. no, I rather have Watkins in the draft.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby Tenebrous » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:00 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:yes an no,...yes strait up for Pryor, and Jackson take a pay cut .. no, I rather have Watkins in the draft.

Interesting, but this would allow the Raiders to either address another weakness or, can you imagine, Raiders having Watkins and Jackson.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby bigboy3333 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Scary!!!!

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 am

Can you imagine if we get Jackson then draft Mack?

How about a pass rush of Mack, Woodley and Tuck - all on the field at the same time coming from different sides and different angles? I think Tarver could do something with that. And who better to mentor Mack than Lamar Woodley?

This is the path that makes the most sense to me.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 am

DeadRinger wrote:Can you imagine if we get Jackson then draft Mack?

How about a pass rush of Mack, Woodley and Tuck - all on the field at the same time coming from different sides and different angles? I think Tarver could do something with that. And who better to mentor Mack than Lamar Woodley?

How about Jackson and Watkins on offense with Woodley, Tuck, and Houston on defense!! Oh, what could have been!

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am

Tenebrous wrote:

How about Jackson and Watkins on offense with Woodley, Tuck, and Houston on defense!! Oh, what could have been!

Now THAT's a fuckin plan.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:yes an no,...yes strait up for Pryor, and Jackson take a pay cut .. no, I rather have Watkins in the draft.

This... IF we are looking to get a WR.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Agreed.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Houston was/is a tad overhyped? I'm not happy about losing him but, It's not like we lost a HOFer in the making. He was a decent player on a bad team. Asomugha was the same, IMO, and Houston isn't even in Aso's league at his position.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum