Amateur Hour: Saffold Fails Physical Signs With Rams

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Amateur Hour: Saffold Fails Physical Signs With Rams

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Report: Rodger Saffold returns to Rams after failing physical with Raiders

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 12, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Washington Redskins v St. Louis Rams
Getty Images
After agreeing to a new contract to join the Oakland Raiders on the first day of free agency, Rodger Saffold is actually returning to the St. Louis Rams.

Yes. You read that correctly.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, Saffold has reached an agreement on a five-year deal to return to the Rams.

The Oakland Raiders reached an agreement with Saffold on a five-year year deal to fill their hole at left tackle after letting Jared Veldheer walk in free agency. However, the Raiders announced that Saffold had failed his physical with the team and would not be signing after all.

Per Schefter, Saffold’s agents Alan Herman and Jared Fox said the Raiders had concerns over the state of Saffold’s shoulder. The Rams had “no concerns whatsoever” about the shoulder and quickly worked to bring him back to St. Louis.

Now the Raiders won’t have Saffold or Veldheer to anchor the left side of the offensive line,

Saffold agreed to a deal worth $42.5 million with $21 million guaranteed on the first day of free agency. It was a large contract for a player 17 games over the past three seasons due to a myriad of injuries that included his knee, pectoral and shoulder.

But the Rams are in a position to know better than anyone where Saffold is with his health as they would have evaluated him during end of season physicals in January.

It’s quite the turn of events for Saffold. The Rams get back a player that started game at left tackle, right tackle and guard for the team last season. The Raiders have to go back to the drawing board on who will handle the blind side of Terrelle Pryor or whomever ends up starting for Oakland next season.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Amateur Hour: Saffold Fails Physical Signs With Rams

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Best news I've heard all day. Exposes Reggie as a Piece of Shit, plus saves the Raiders a big useless asshole contract.

Bottom line is the best we can do is hope Reggie is gone and does as little damage as possible while he is here. The Saffold contract would have been significant damage on another guy that can't consistently string good games together.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby 790thSFS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:04 pm

this article was written by a total raider-hater who will always laugh at raiders every chance they get.

but this is crazy, what else can go wrong since feeding gruden lions and the superbowl loss? karma? nah.

All this tell us is: Mark Davis, Madden & Reggie are IDIOTS!

No decent player will ever want to play for the raiders unless they already suck or just want a paycheck, this has been this way forever.

Im about to just give up on this shit and play fantasy for fun. Is watching your team getting WHOOPED every wk fun? Yeah 2002 was the last decent season ever, hue made retard moves that got him fired. I agree rm is paying for that just like AD paid for losing gruden. this is an endless cycle. Another stupid GM will come in because Madden will say is good, MD will listen and this shit will happen all over again! ever since 2002, this will never fucking end!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 pm

RAIDERS wrote:this article was written by a total raider-hater who will always laugh at raiders every chance they get.

but this is crazy, what else can go wrong since feeding gruden lions and the superbowl loss? karma? nah.

All this tell us is: Mark Davis, Madden & Reggie are IDIOTS!

No decent player will ever want to play for the raiders unless they already suck or just want a paycheck, this has been this way forever.

Im about to just give up on this shit and play fantasy for fun. Is watching your team getting WHOOPED every wk fun? Yeah 2002 was the last decent season ever, hue made retard moves that got him fired. I agree rm is paying for that just like AD paid for losing gruden. this is an endless cycle. Another stupid GM will come in because Madden will say is good, MD will listen and this shit will happen all over again! ever since 2002, this will never fucking end!

Bro Madden is way out of touch with reality, but not an idiot. I see your point and I agree 100%. You can always tell someone out of touch when they keep declaring everyone and their mother a "GENIUS". I've never heard anyone use that word more than Madden. He thinks he is helping, but is just clueless at this point. Reggie however, well, calling him an idiot is like saying Osama was just a bad guy, not the ruthless son of a bitch he really was

As far as Mark Davis, I have some sympathy for him. It is like saying an accountant that goes in for an engineer job interview is an idiot because he can't answer any engineering questions. Mark Davis is the utmost useless person in the entire Oakland Raider organization. I doubt he is smart enough to even sign his own checks.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Wow...Just wow..I continue to laugh in disbelief at our sorry franchise. At the very least we're not stuck with saffold.I can't believe reggie is so oooooh lame and such a moron.He should do the honorable thing and....well never mind. .He needs to sign tuck...woodley...Terrell brown..and mike oher now.Most of you might disagree but I think we need to sign shuab and let him battle mcgloin for the #1 spot.Houston threw him under the bus too soon I think.I almost want to draft Greg Robinson now just cuz I feel sorry for our QB next year whoever that ends up being.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Reggies fuck up was his best move.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 am

Mark Davis is starting to see what he has in Reggie. UTTER SHIT!!!

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby RF34 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:53 am

Mark Davis nixed the deal. If Safford becomes an all-pro after an injury free season in 2014, will Mark blame Reggie for that?

MD is on record saying that he is relying on Reggie to make the football decisions, yet the blows up the Safford deal. So if MD is starting to meddle, what did he have to do with JVD and Houston leaving?

Maybe it's because of this that MD got involved? Maybe he is becoming Dan Snyder.

One thing is certain. Approving the contract details should have been a rubber stamp process for MD if he believed in McKenzie 100%.

That's how it works with Kraft in NE and Paul Allen in Seattle.

What's happened here is how it works in Dallas and Washington.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby Del » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:51 pm

What now

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:04 pm

RF34 wrote:Mark Davis nixed the deal. If Safford becomes an all-pro after an injury free season in 2014, will Mark blame Reggie for that?

MD is on record saying that he is relying on Reggie to make the football decisions, yet the blows up the Safford deal. So if MD is starting to meddle, what did he have to do with JVD and Houston leaving?

Maybe it's because of this that MD got involved? Maybe he is becoming Dan Snyder.

One thing is certain. Approving the contract details should have been a rubber stamp process for MD if he believed in McKenzie 100%.

That's how it works with Kraft in NE and Paul Allen in Seattle.

What's happened here is how it works in Dallas and Washington.

Your analagy fails because RM is definitely not Kraft nor is he Paul Allen. Whether or not Saffold surprises is somewhat irrelevant. The issue is whether the contract makes sense the day it was signed - clearly it wasn't. Saffold signed a contract with notably less money just hours later.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum