Mark Davis: No More Excuses

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mark Davis: No More Excuses

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 am

RAIDERS wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:
Muthfuckas that are serious don't draft English basketball players and soccer players, or guys who can't really play with a heart condition on top of it.

from 2000 to 2010, seabass was the only 1st rd player that worked out. all the rest are gone or became a bust. 2011 and 2012 - no 1st rd picks. but you are going to bitch about a guy off 1 pick? who still can prove himself?

That's not so, Heyward-Bey had some decent seasons, McFadden had at least 2 decent seasons (or was having before his injuries), and Asomugha was once considered elite CB across the board by teams, remember Philly paid him lots of money. I'm not saying Al was any better, but at least these guys provided some value during their course of employment with the Oakland Raiders. Hayden looks more lost out there than a she-bitch in a dudes-only club.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 am

Forbiddenraider wrote:Reggie is gone in a year no matter what. I just hope he doesn't blow the draft and waste money in free agency. The schedule is brutal next year and there's no way we win more than 4 or 5 games so I just hope we get a decent foundation and build on it once Reggie and Louis Skolnick (aka) Dennis Allen are gone. Hopefully Davis will learn from his mistake with McKenzie and actually put some effort into finding a real GM.

Yep, I heard Art Shell is still interested.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 am

SoulPatrol wrote:Yep, I heard Art Shell is still interested.

He would be an improvement.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby RF34 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:57 am

DeadRinger wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:Yep, I heard Art Shell is still interested.

He would be an improvement.

You're kidding right....

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby snakebuck » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm

I think some of us forgot just how bad the Raiders were under Art Shell (second time around).

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 pm

RF34 wrote:You're kidding right....

Nope. There's no doubt in my mind Art could do a better job than Reggie.

The bar is set incredibly low.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Not to say Art Shell was Lombardi, but that 2006 Raider team that went 2-14 had the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL that year but one of the worst offenses of all time!! Getting just 1st down with Andrew Walter and Aaron brooks at QB in a game was like watching the landing on the moon!! It happened almost never in a millennium!! Art was given a junior high offense with a mickey mouse OC in Bed and breakfast Tom Walsh and the worst QB's in the league in Brooks and Walter!! Belichick wouldn't have won many games that year as coach with that fuckin slop of an offensive team!! Just goes to show you how wacked Al Davis was when he fielded garbage like that on that side of the ball. He brings in Randy Moss and gives him guys worst than Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell to throw him the ball!! what a fuckin joke those teams were from say 04' to 08' almost as bad as the 12' and 13' teams.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Not to say Art Shell was Lombardi, but that 2006 Raider team that went 2-14 had the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL that year but one of the worst offenses of all time!! Getting just 1st down with Andrew Walter and Aaron brooks at QB in a game was like watching the landing on the moon!! It happened almost never in a millennium!! Art was given a junior high offense with a mickey mouse OC in Bed and breakfast Tom Walsh and the worst QB's in the league in Brooks and Walter!! Belichick wouldn't have won many games that year as coach with that fuckin slop of an offensive team!! Just goes to show you how wacked Al Davis was when he fielded garbage like that on that side of the ball. He brings in Randy Moss and gives him guys worst than Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell to throw him the ball!! what a fuckin joke those teams were from say 04' to 08' almost as bad as the 12' and 13' teams.

It may sound insane but I would rather have that coaching staff back than the one we have right now.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:Not to say Art Shell was Lombardi, but that 2006 Raider team that went 2-14 had the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL that year but one of the worst offenses of all time!! Getting just 1st down with Andrew Walter and Aaron brooks at QB in a game was like watching the landing on the moon!! It happened almost never in a millennium!! Art was given a junior high offense with a mickey mouse OC in Bed and breakfast Tom Walsh and the worst QB's in the league in Brooks and Walter!! Belichick wouldn't have won many games that year as coach with that fuckin slop of an offensive team!! Just goes to show you how wacked Al Davis was when he fielded garbage like that on that side of the ball. He brings in Randy Moss and gives him guys worst than Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell to throw him the ball!! what a fuckin joke those teams were from say 04' to 08' almost as bad as the 12' and 13' teams.

It may sound insane but I would rather have that coaching staff back than the one we have right now.

My cousin Nunzio would be an improvement over McKenzie and Shell...and he thinks football is soccer.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby 790thSFS » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 pm

DeadRinger wrote:

Art shell? Another stupid ass coach that Al davis went and hired? I would have fired that scumbag after that 2006 opening MNF game. AD not doing so just proves he didn't care about winning. But RM and DA are to blame right? Why didn't Mark Davis go after the top coaches and gm's available after AD's death? Why! cuz they knew Oakland based on AD was nothing but a Joke! What elite HC or Gm would want to work here after what AD did to the Raiders org?

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum