Postby Tenebrous » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Kiper mock 1.0 reaction: Raiders
January, 15, 2014
JAN 15
3:00
PM ET
By Paul Gutierrez | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET3COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
ALAMEDA, Calif. -– The Oakland Raiders have myriad needs as they enter Year 3 of the Reggie McKenzie-Dennis Allen regime, Year 1 of the franchise’s “reconstruction,” per owner Mark Davis.

The Raiders also have the No. 5 overall pick in May’s draft and, the way ESPN’s Mel Kiper sees it in his NFL mock draft 1.0 Insider, Oakland will go with Clemson playmaking receiver Sammy Watkins.

Sure, the Raiders have a couple of emerging pass-catching talents in the undrafted duo of Rod Streater and Andre Holmes and a pseudo-playmaker in Denarius Moore (when he doesn’t disappear). But Watkins seemingly has immediate star written all over him.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound junior is coming off setting an Orange Bowl record with 16 catches for 227 yards with two touchdowns in the Tigers’ 40-35 victory over Ohio State.

On the season, he caught 101 passes for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns, with two of more than 90 yards, and in three years at Death Valley he had a combined 240 receptions for 3,391 yards and 27 TDs.

Watkins is not the largest of targets and has a 40-yard dash time of 4.47 seconds. He also reminds some of Percy Harvin.

Should the Raiders go the Watkins route, the question then is this: Who’s going to throw him the ball? I told you the Raiders have a lot of needs.

But Watkins would definitely fill one.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Kiper's Mock Draft 1.0

Postby 790thSFS » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:40 pm

they all look good on paper. johnny maz or eat shit

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:44 pm

To be honest I can't stand Mel Kiper!!! Sometimes I think he is in bed with some of the NFL agents to hype their clients to get them higher picks and more lucrative contracts as well as the ESPN machine media hype. Same goes with their NBA and college basketball hype.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 am

Kiper's a fool.

The Lions picked Megatron and he sat there and languished for four fucking years while the lions went 15-49. This guy, the single greatest WR prospect I've EVER seen come out of college, was part of the only team to ever go 0-16. What a fucking shame for a guy who should have had an opportunity to break Rice's records someday.

They picked Stafford, he took 2 years to hit his stride and recover from an injury, AND ONLY THEN DID THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

This is a QUARTERBACK league, people. This is no longer a "build from the lines out" deal. It's a "get your QB and then put the pieces around him" league.

I've got nothing against Watkins - he looks maybe like the next Fitz. But it would still be a mistake to pick him.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby 790thSFS » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 am

DeadRinger wrote:
This is a QUARTERBACK league, people. This is no longer a "build from the lines out" deal. It's a "get your QB and then put the pieces around him" league.

exactly, this is why johnny football should be our pick or might as well trade the pick away and hope for the best in the later rds. look at the skins, they drafted rg3 and made the playoffs.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 am

DeadRinger wrote:Kiper's a fool.

The Lions picked Megatron and he sat there and languished for four fucking years while the lions went 15-49. This guy, the single greatest WR prospect I've EVER seen come out of college, was part of the only team to ever go 0-16. What a fucking shame for a guy who should have had an opportunity to break Rice's records someday.

They picked Stafford, he took 2 years to hit his stride and recover from an injury, AND ONLY THEN DID THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

I've got nothing against Watkins - he looks maybe like the next Fitz. But it would still be a mistake to pick him.

Watkins will have a better career than Johnny drunk boy!! Rather have a guy like Watkins help us win games than a drunken brat midget like Manziel who has BUST and injury prone written all over him!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum