The Problem Isn't the Coaching Staff...

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: The Problem Isn't the Coaching Staff...

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:Okay, but funny how you neglected to mention all the franchises that Holmgren did turn around? He made GB right, he made Seattle right. Since we're naming GMs, what about Parcells, he made at least 3 franchises right? So I also believe you are misinformed on Walsh. Walsh was GM from 1999 to 2001. Remember after that he became only a part time consultant and didn't even participate in their drafts. I can't remember why, but I believe it was health reasons. So in 1999 they were 4-12, in 2000 they were 6-10, in 2001 they were 12-4. I call that a turnaround. Also he is Bill Walsh, considered by anyone and everyone as a football legend, so I can see giving him a long leash and a chance. McKenzie is famous for what exactly????? His orange hair I guess... So he gets a chance because....? Also, the whole Madden thing is getting old bro. Every X-Raider coach you guys are screaming Madden said so. Art Shell was a Madden coach too...Tom Walsh was a Madden endorsed coach too. Come on, be honest. We both know Madden probably won't say stuff like that (he is too smart). At most he may say "Yeah, that guy is a cool"...I highly doubt he is saying "Mark/Al, hire this guy, he is the man!"

So name a “Real GM” and a “Real HC”. Okay...ha bout any of them that have created a team with a winning record? Ha bout one that doesn't draft British basketball players to play American Football? Ha bout one that has a franchise in a great deal of trouble that doesn't draft a CB with a heart condition when his entire OL is crap, 3/4s of his DL are scrubs, and just lost his best LB from last year? Ha bout a GM that doesn't draft a 4th round QB he has to let go? Or...hmm, let me see, we already discussed British basketball players...ha bout British soccer players...ha bout one that doesn't draft those either? Okay, ha bout a guy that doesn't trade for a QB that can't throw? No one hits the target with all their draft choices. However, this buffoon isn't even giving us a chance with his personnel games. (One thing Al Davis did say that made sense - "It is about the players")

So am I really asking for so much? I think not. Reggie McKenzie is a great...if he is working for the Broncos to sabotage the Raiders that is. Giving this twit $70 mil to operate is like giving a blind man the keys to the car.

DING DING DING... Couldn't find a "clapping" smilie but you get every rep point I can give for this one.

Of course you're (we're) not asking too much. All you want is someone who knows WTF they're doing and can be highly effective. At this pay grade, that's not too much to ask at all.

All these horrible decisions you mention and you only talked about draft and acquisitions (although you didn't mention the crappy and expensive Brisiel signing). Then there are the guys Reggie got rid of that he should've found a way to keep - starting with Hue.

So, to 790, RF, Freddie... The evidence AGAINST Reggie is MOUNTAINOUS. MONUMENTAL. And the evidence on his behalf is virtually non-existent. I'd give him props for signing guys like C-Wood, Wheeler and Burnett, but he only got those guys for one year - years in which he never intended us to win anyway.

I would commend him for re-signing guys like Branch and Jano, if those actions weren't NO-FUCKING-BRAINERS!! And here we sit with 2 other no-brainers - Houston and Veldheer - STILL hanging in the wind in their contract years. STUPIDITY!!

This guy's a colossal failure in every regard. Draft, FA, salary cap, coaches... Sorry, but there it is. Dog shit.

What do you do with dog shit? You flush it.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: The Problem Isn't the Coaching Staff...

Postby RF34 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 am

Woodson wants to return to Oakland
Dec 1312:00PM ET By Paul Gutierrez

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Charles Woodson set off alarm bells following the Oakland Raiders’ loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day by continually referring to “they” when talking about the Raiders and their future.

Woodson, who returned to the Raiders on a one-year free-agent deal after seven years with the Green Bay Packers, does nothing without a purpose and the inference was that the free safety was distancing himself from the discussion.

But Thursday, in a radio interview with ESPN affiliate 95.7 The Game, Woodson said he wanted to return to Oakland, which drafted the Heisman Trophy winner out of Michigan with the No. 4 overall pick of the 1998 NFL draft.

“I want to play again,” Woodson said. “I think this is the only place that I would play. So I do plan on coming back and playing for the Raiders. If that weren’t to happen, then I think I would have to decide, do I want to go somewhere else and do it again for another year?

“But If I’m wanted here, I’m coming back.”

Woodson, 37, clearly put the ball in general manager Reggie McKenzie’s court.

“I believe that this organization and this team is going in the right direction,” Woodson said. “[I’m] very happy and proud to be a part of that transition, and hopefully going forward as well.”

He is having his best individual season since 2010, when he last played 16 games, and Woodson’s 76 tackles rank third on the team. He also has one sack and an interception, as well as a 25-yard fumble return for a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers.

Still, with the Raiders sitting at 4-9 heading into this weekend’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Woodson will be a member of a team with a losing record for the first time since the Packers went 6-10 in 2008.

He said the Raiders' defense played like the “Bad News Bears” and “peed” down their leg last week against the New York Jets.

And yet ...

“I’ve really just been enjoying my time back here,” Woodson said. “Aside from where we are as far as [our] record is concerned, it’s just been great to go out every week and put on the silver and black, to run out at the Coliseum. The best part for me has been just the fans, the love that they’ve shown me since I’ve been back. All I want to do is win, and win for the fans because it’s been noted, it’s been a long time. And I’ve been here when we won.

“A lot of these guys don’t understand how it is around here when it’s like that.”

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP
Highscores: 0

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum