Raiders vs. Jets

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders vs. Jets

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:12 pm

This whole coaching staff after beating San Diego, Pittsburgh and than Houston were all high on their own horses with some of the comments to the media after these games. Fact is this team can't win back to back weeks or put together full games on both sides of the ball!! This franchise is a fuckin disgrace!! It all started when AD brought in Gruden who brought us out of the doldrums and the west coast offense assembled a good team that turned playoff good and what does AD do!! Trades him to Tampa so he can come back and blow us out the next year in the Super bowl and this franchise has been fuckin garbage ever since. AD should have given Gruden a pay raise extend his contract and stay the fuck out of his way for the most part. AD was loyal to Madden and Flores, Madden 10 yrs Flores 9 yrs, and since they've been back in Oakland it has been musical chairs and will remain that way when Mark Davis fires DA and maybe RM.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby Naphtali » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Gruden did not want to stay in oakland, so wouldn't sign the extension Al gave him to be 1 of the top 5 coaches in the NFL, Gruden wanted complete authority over personnel which Al didn't and should not have given gruden IMHO, it was a good deal.
Al recovered near the end with Hue, but ran out of time, that team was ready to win again, but was blown up prematurely. A new haed coach is needed

Naphtali
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Hue 2011 team fell asleep the last five games of the year after starting out 7-4 and ended 8-8. Breshnahan was garbage and the team as a whole wasn't all that good except in spurts. Even if AD had been healthy he would of messed that team up as well. This franchise is a fuckin joke and has been!!! We have been brainwashed into thinking they will get it together and they for the most part have won 4 or 5 games every fuckin season. All these coaches since Gruden are 3rd rate for a shitty operation that are the Raiders.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 pm

silver & black wrote:Can't wait to watch this train wreck again next year. I'm sure there will be new and exciting ways to lose. :lol:

It's going to depend bro. There are guys out there who could come in and put a tough-ass team on the field next season with the resources we'll have at hand.

Unfortunately none of them work for the Raiders right now. That has to change, or your vision of continued incompetence will most certainly be fulfilled.

And if that happens... If Reggie is allowed to man the helm and use those draft picks and use those millions of $$s, we will once again be set back yet another 5 years.

This is the time for us. This is the inflexion point. It all turns on Mark Davis' decisions. We could be on our way back to the playoffs next season, or we could be on our way to infesting the AFCW cellar again for years to come. This organization cannot afford to allow our incompetent staff to "manage" such a motherfucking CRITICAL offseason for us, people!!

If we don't get someone competent in here to use this "wealth" EFFECTIVELY, we are fucked. We'll be lucky to hit 6-10 sometime in the next 5 years. It's time for transplant surgery. It must be done, and it must be done BRILLIANTLY. We cannot, metaphorically, replace Greg fucking Knapp with Greg fucking Olson again! Change for the sake of change is always a bad thing, even if the status quo is dog shit. We need brilliance in this fucking organization, and we need it ASAP.

Mark needs to show us all that he will DEMAND greatness from this team by canning Reggie and DA RIGHT NOW and starting talks with those who are either available now or will be available later. Mark has a serious product to sell to the elite out there right now, with all the cap space, the high draft picks, a clean slate.

NOW IS THE FUCKING TIME TO BREAK THE FUCK OUT!

Last edited by DeadRinger on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:10 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Hue 2011 team fell asleep the last five games of the year after starting out 7-4 and ended 8-8. Breshnahan was garbage and the team as a whole wasn't all that good except in spurts. Even if AD had been healthy he would of messed that team up as well. This franchise is a fuckin joke and has been!!! We have been brainwashed into thinking they will get it together and they for the most part have won 4 or 5 games every fuckin season. All these coaches since Gruden are 3rd rate for a shitty operation that are the Raiders.

Just fucking stop it man. Now is not the time to keep spewing this bullshit about Hue. It's an absolute CROCK OF SHIT. Hue Jackson performed miracles in 2011. Period.

Not everyone was brainwashed. Only those who said (and I heard it often enough) "These guys are professionals, what makes you think you know better than them?"

Let me explain. I KNOW when I know better than someone else, and I know when I don't. Tene and I KNEW right away. Blazin, Naphtali, bigboy, snakebuck, silver & black (who didn't take long at all to figure it all out)... Not everyone was brainwashed. Some of us are just flat immune to brainwashing, but beyond that there was too much evidence, starting with the firing of Hue. Too many track records to look at and despair. SO MANY mistakes piled on top of each other. All you needed was a deep understanding of the complexities of this game to come to a firm, stark realization that we were - and still are for the moment at least - in DEEP SHIT.

There were 3 kinds of people who bought what the media was selling about Reggie and DA. 1) Those who just don't get it, and have a surface-thin understanding of football in the NFL and therefore think the sports reporters always know better. 2) Those who were COMPLETELY blinded by hope, and 3) those like RF34 and 790 who took an "anyone but Al Davis will modernize us and bring us back" mentality.

ALL were wrong. I can't tell yet if you're Type 1 or Type 2, but YOU were wrong. Maybe now you should stop lecturing and start listening a little. Maybe now you should think about looking at all this from a different angle. Maybe now you should start THINKING analytically.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Del » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Why is nobody name droppin my name?

Fuck you DR.

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

OOOOOO!!!!! WHERE THE FUCK IS MY NAME??? THE KING OF MEAT!! This forum is just as dead as this fuckin team!! FUCK MARK DAVIS IF HE DOESNT FIRE THOSE TWO ASSHOLES BY NEXT WEEK!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 pm

That's right DR. You and Tene got all the answers! You make all the right calls and you predict everything accordingly. Get the fuck out of here with that shit! If Hue was so great, why is he not an HC anywhere else then? Not college or jackshit. He is right back where he started.

So let me get this straight. Fire DA and RM right now? What if the next GM brings in Knapp as an OC or lets the new HC hire him? Then there goes your whole bullshit scenario. Who is to say what the next GM/HC will do? I think now we see Knapp wasn’t the problem with DMAC. He is just brittle and gets stuffed regardless of play calling. He had 1 good year, even Fargas had 1 good year. I don’t think you can blame Knapp for Russell either. He turned out to be nothing more than a lazy fat fuck bust. Even the best coaches couldn’t have changed anything that happened with Russell or DMAC. (2) players drafted by AD BTW. So let’s go another direction next year and hope for the best. If next year is a wash, fuck it! Let’s fire everyone again and start over.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Hue & Palmer should have been kept. Hue wasn't great but him & Palmer were a lot better than fuckin Matt Uncle Rico Flynn & this fucktard Allen. Reggie thought he was such a badass with all the answers when he came in but he's proven himself to be a mush mouthed idiot. Allen is a worse coach than Kiffin & definitely the worst coach in the league. Hue would have drafted better too.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Tenebrous » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 pm

RAIDERS wrote:That's right DR. You and Tene got all the answers! You make all the right calls and you predict everything accordingly. Get the fuck out of here with that shit! If Hue was so great, why is he not an HC anywhere else then? Not college or jackshit. He is right back where he started.

Why keep asking question the same question over and over again, even though it has been answered too many times - by myself no less? There are other possibilities as to why Jackson is not a HC right now - least of which is that the man cannot coach. Yet, here you are parading around with the least likely possibility as if it was the only possibility.

Heck, the offense before and after Jackson is more than enough evidence that you are clinging to BS - the offense was going no where before Jackson arrived and has been headed straight down since he left - but, here you are once again claiming that the man cannot coach.

Since the idea that Jackson cannot coach is the least likely possibility, all other possibilities must be better; such as, Jackson showed himself to be hungry and competent - two character traits that might scare a HC who does not want to lose his job to an assistant. Maybe, just maybe a HC is likely to be more concerned with his own job, than Jackson's.

For what it is worth, his time working with the defense may pay off dividends for him in the future, in terms of being able to work well with both offenses and defenses.

RAIDERS wrote:So let me get this straight. Fire DA and RM right now? What if the next GM brings in Knapp as an OC or lets the new HC hire him? Then there goes your whole bullshit scenario. Who is to say what the next GM/HC will do? I think now we see Knapp wasn’t the problem with DMAC. He is just brittle and gets stuffed regardless of play calling. He had 1 good year, even Fargas had 1 good year. I don’t think you can blame Knapp for Russell either. He turned out to be nothing more than a lazy fat fuck bust. Even the best coaches couldn’t have changed anything that happened with Russell or DMAC. (2) players drafted by AD BTW. So let’s go another direction next year and hope for the best. If next year is a wash, fuck it! Let’s fire everyone again and start over.

Seriously?! This is almost non-nonsensical. If the next GM wants to bring in Knapp - he should be fired on the spot. This is getting ridiculous. The fact that RM decided to bring back Knapp after he recently failed with the Raiders and the team should have been enough to say good-bye to RM.

Yes, to an extent one can blame Knapp. Knapp's failure seems to be that he is incapable of adjusting his offense to the players on the team. He needs a ZBS running back and a supremely mobile QB in order to have a chance to succeed. Now, one can make the argument that he was brought in to work with two immobile QB's (Russell and Palmer) and a Power-back (McFadden twice) which did not fit his system, but this argument ignores the fact that he should have been able to adapt better than FAIL. Hence, while it is not completely his fault - see RM and DA - he is still partly at fault.

So, what does RM do after recognizing his mistake - he looks to get Knapp part II. After Olson was hired, I went through some of his old team's forums and too often he was criticized for being unable to adapt; unable to change his offense to get the most out of the players. Sound familiar?

Of course, you want to blame McFadden and create some one-year wonder fantasy, because the obvious alternative is that McFadden did best when he had a good coach. Oh no. Jackson cannot be commended for what he accomplished in Oakland. Right? Bah.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum